George Cressy, CCIM, Chief Executive Officer, was named one of the region's best leaders in the Fall/Winter 2012 edition of the Northwest Indiana Business Quarterly. George now joins a list of the region’s leaders from previous recipients recognized for their outstanding commitment and leadership roles in greater Northwest Indiana and surrounding communities. Click here to read the article excerpt.
The criteria for the CEO considered details on each nominee’s specific accomplishments, both anecdotal and measurable. It included information about the company’s success, and if there has been a financial turnaround, specific details of that accomplishment. Other considerations include the successful launch of innovative new products or services as well as the CEO’s activity or prominence within the industry. A final consideration is the CEO’s extraordinary commitment to the community.
George is a principal of Grubb & Ellis | Cressy & Everett, and has been integral to the success in the development of numerous office building, retail centers and residential projects throughout northern Indiana and southwestern Michigan.
Michigan ranks 4th among all states in the nation in leading the economic recovery, according to the “2012 Top States for Doing Business Survey” by Area Development magazine.
The survey also ranks Michigan 6th-best in the nation for “Overall Labor Climate” and no. 1 for “Availability of Skilled Labor.” Read More
Bob Bach, National Director, Market Analytics with Newmark Grubb Knight Frank, was the keynote speaker at the Elkhart Economic Development Summit. The summit was well attended by economists, consultants and key local figures. Elkhart has seen its jobless rate cut in half in recent years, but the national and local economies continue to slowly dig out from the Great Recession. Bach predicted the slow recovery would continue at a similar pace. All of the summit speakers were consistent with their message, "job growth" is essential for an economic growth in Elkhart and regionally, following the great recession. Educational programs that focus on reading, math and science skills in the early learning years to programs designed to help displaced workers re-enter the workforce with new technical skills. Click here to view Bob Bach's summit presentation.Elevate Ventures nurtures and develops emerging and existing high-potential businesses into high-performing, Indiana-based companies.
PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW ADDRESS EFFECTIVE JUNE 29, 2012: 4100 Edison Lakes Parkway, Suite 350, Mishawaka, Indiana.
Noah Davey received the 2012 Forty Under 40 award through The Young Professionals Network. In partnership with The Chamber of Commerce of St. Joseph County, Greater Elkhart Chamber of Commerce, the South Bend Tribune, presenting sponsor Gates Automotive Group and supporting sponsors Barnes & Thornburg and Crowe Horwath, recognized the 2012 Forty Under 40 class in a ceremony on June 1 as those in our community (under the age of 40 years old) who show initiative and dedication in pursuing their career and investment in others through their involvement in civic, charitable and/or religious organizations. Noah is a Senior Associate Broker at Grubb & Ellis|Cressy & Everett, and is volunteer for numerous charities and causes throughout the community. http://www2.southbendtribune.com/4040/40under40.html
Goodwill Industries of Southwestern Michigan recently leased a 10,320 square-foot building in Niles Township located at 2607 S. 11th Street. Jim Ringler, broker for Grubb & Ellis|Cressy & Everett (GECE) represented both the landlord and the tenant in this transaction. Click here to read the full press release.
Whole Foods Market plans to open a store this fall in the vacant Borders store in Mishawaka. Whole Foods Market plans to open a store this
fall in the vacant Borders store in Mishawaka. The natural and organic foods supermarket company will invest about $5 million to renovate the currently idle freestanding building by HEIDI PRESCOTT South Bend Tribune More
- Grubb & Ellis|Cressy & Everett has been retained by United Federal Credit Union (UFCU) located in St. Joseph, Michigan, as their exclusive site selector consultant to manage the Request for Proposal process and provide advisory functions to assist in the evaluation of their options for expansion of its headquarters to accommodate its growing workforce. Request for Proposals have been sent out to Michiana economic development, city officials and commercial real estate brokers.
- Rob Pryor, has been promoted to Senior Property Manager for Grubb & Ellis|Cressy & Everett. Additionally he recently achieved the designation of Certified Property Manager (CPM). Rob has also been elected to be IREM’s (Institute of Real Estate Management) Chapter 100 President for 2012.
- Grubb & Ellis|Cressy & Everett Join U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). As a member, we will support USGBC's mission and the advancement of LEED and green building best practices.
- George Cressy, CCIM, CEO, was awarded the 2011 Grubb & Ellis Circle of Excellence for his dedication to client service, commitment to excellence & outstanding achievement nationwide.
- Don Cressy named to first class of Midwest Commercial Real Estate Hall of Fame
- Corey Cressy selected for 2010 Class of Michiana Forty Under 40
Grubb & Ellis | Cressy & Everett recently ran a commercial advertising our services and abilities to the local community. View it here: